- An Intial Public Offering or IPO is when equity shares of a company are offered to the public on the open market i.e. the stock market for the first time.
- The company going public raises capital and funds by trading IPO shares.
- During the IPO trading, a fraction of shares are reserved for different type of investors including individual investors, Qualified Institutional Buyers and High Net worth Individuals. The IPO is either a Fixed Price Issue or Book Built Issue.
Adani Wilmar Ltd
- Adani Wilmar offers essential kitchen commodities, including edible oil, wheat flour, rice, pulses and sugar. (Source: Technopak Report and Company DRHP)
- They operate in industries such as packaged foods, packaged edible oils, personal care etc.
- As per the DRHP, the offer size is expected to be upto Rs. 4500 crores